What Makes A Good Descriptive Essay – 8 Helpful Hints
Writing a descriptive essay is just like any other essay but you have to use the five senses to write it. This will help put the reader in the place that you are describing to them. Here are some helpful hints that will help you write a great paper.
8 Helpful Hints
- When you are choosing your topic for your paper, you want to focus on one thing. This can be a be an event, item, location, or person. Then you can take that one thing and you can describe it to your reader.
- Next, you want to figure out what you the statement will be for your paper. What do you want to convey in it?
- Then you want to create a list of all of the five senses, with this, you will then write down all of the ways that you can describe the item using these senses.
- After you have figured out all of the ways that you can describe the item, then you can create your outline, which will lay out all of the information in the paper.
- Now you can write your paper. This is the first draft, so you just want to make sure that you get all of the information down.
- Pay attention to the conclusion of your writing. This will tell the reader what you wanted them to get from the paper and you have to make it so the reader has a lasting impression on the paper they just read. And there are a few different ways that you can write your conclusion, so pay attention to what you wrote in the body and introduction to figure out where to go.
- Now that it is complete, now go back and review your work. This is where you can add and take out information that doesn’t make sense or you can add information for more clarity.
- Then lastly, you want to go over the paper completely and fix any spelling or grammatical problems that might be in the paper. This is also a good chance to get someone else to look over it as well since a different set of eyes could see things that you might not have seen the first time you reviewed it.
A descriptive essay is a fun paper to write and if you follow all of these hints, it will make the writing and editing process easy.